Sunday, April 29, 2012

In the Garden




      1. re visited 8.4.12
Someone mentioned to me recently that maybe some of my poems could be used as lyrics.
So I thought I should copy the 100 or so and make them available to my songwriter friends. Copyright and all rights reserved, of course  So that's the intent. Whether my actions will actually meet the intent is another thing.  And the consequences? Who knows where they might end up. . You might like to view some of my other blogs.  http://Magicalandmysterious.blogspot.com is another, and I have others on vqarious subjects from permaculturevisions to green and goldenbell frog to climate change etc.
Here's another from the list of over 100 poems/prose.
Poem/prose

In the garden.


Wiley wasps stir and then swarm,
while a soldier bee on watch sees me as a bear,
so suddenly strikes.
The bee sacrifices himself for the sake of the colony,
stinging me on the nape of my neck.

Meanwhile birds beckon,
then swoop silently,
on a smorgasboard of insects,

while lizards sunbake
and sniff the air,
for a scent of prey.

No comments:

Post a Comment